Renew your library items
Accessing your library account online
You can access your library account online:
- If you have a purple library card, just type the number into the user ID box
- b_line and Gold Cards need to be activated at your local library in order to be used as library cards
Your PIN is usually the first 2 digits and the last 2 digits of your date of birth. So, if you were born on 3 February 1970, your PIN would be 0370. You can change your PIN once you're logged into 'My Account' by using the 'change PIN' option.
Help logging in
If you have any difficulties logging in or need help to use the catalogue, please contact us by email: email@example.com or tel: 01629 533444.
Books and CDs can be renewed up to 6 times for a period of 3 weeks per renewal.
All DVDs can be renewed twice.
Audio books can be renewed for a further 3 weeks. An additional charge applies.
Items can be requested by visiting any Derbyshire library, by using our online catalogue or by ringing the Library Information Service tel: 01629 533444.
A request charge of 80p (50p concessionary) is charged for books and audio books. If we don't have the item in stock it can still be requested. A further charge of £6 will apply if we borrow the item from another library service in the UK or abroad.
- children receive free requests up to the age of 18
- all DVDs can be requested free of charge
- if we don't have a particular item in our stock, you can make a suggestion and we'll consider buying it
- CDs can be requested free of charge
If you're a Derbyshire Library member you can also download free eBooks from our website, including fiction, non fiction and children’s books.
You can borrow 10 eBooks for up to 3 weeks and if the book you want is already checked out you can reserve it free of charge.