Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

The full results in the Derbyshire County Council elections are in and the Conservative Party remains in control with 45 seats.

close alert bar

Members allowances scheme

All our elected councillors and co-opted members appointed to certain committees are paid allowances.

You're entitled to know exactly how much each councillor receives and the type of allowances they're paid.

The level of the allowance is recommended by an independent panel made up of suitable people from outside the council.

Some councillors may also be paid an extra amount, known as a special responsibility allowance, for their work in an important post. For example, the Leader of the Council, cabinet member and the chairman and vice chairman of different committees.

Both the basic and special responsibility allowances are taxable and subject to National Insurance.

Travel is payable to councillors on official duties. The vast majority of expenditure is for travel to and from County Hall in Matlock.

The variation in payments between councillors tends to reflect both how far they live from County Hall and the different roles they have on the council.

We have a legal obligation to publish an annual statement of basic, special and attendance allowances paid to councillors during a financial year. This also includes travel and subsistence allowances.

Members allowances summaries for recent years are attached to this page. If you need payments details for previous years please contact Mary Cundy, email